sábado, 15 de agosto de 2009

Ghost Town in August


So during the month of August MITC is a GHOST TOWN. Everyone including the staff leave for vacations. Right now, Dan, Chuy, and the boys are in the United States visiting family and friends, leaving me with no refuge to make a ham sandwich or eat cereal when the food isn’t very appetizing in the dining hall. Mateo and his family are also in the United States, this is very exciting because just 2 weeks ago he went to Puebla to see if he could get visas for his wife and 2 boys. As many know, this is a very difficult process but by the grace of God he was given all the visas without any problems.

News about Marcos and Margarita: Margarita gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last week. They are both doing great and Marcos could not be happier. In addition, yesterday was little Marcos’ first birthday so the few faculty members that are here threw a birthday party, it was a lot of fun. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I get some.

I am doing ok. I have been in a slump since I got back from Puebla. It’s just kind of lonely here without many people. There always has to be some students on campus during the year so right now there are 4 students from the first year…. Nietche, Keren, Rocky, and German…. We are bored but having fun, last night we watched the movie Twlight in Spanish…. And of course something like the following happened…….

Just like my friends in the States my Mexican friends love to eat popcorn while watching a movie. So naturally during the first half of the movie someone exclaimed, “Ah, we need popcorn” so we immediately paused the movie while someone ran to pop some popcorn. As many know, I LOVE popcorn and Lindsay Beggs can attest to this... I use to eat popcorn for breakfast in high school…. If that doesn’t convince you… then you can ask my cousin Megan about a saying that I have… which is…. “What else could you want in life if you have Jesus in your heart and popcorn in your hand” ….. Let’s just say I am a fan… So after 10 minutes someone came back with 2 bags full of those delicious palomitas (Spanish for popcorn). We turned out the lights and started the movie again.. It was really dark in the room which made for the perfect atmosphere…. During the cute scene of Bella and Edward flirting over the process of Anaphase, I naturally grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bag… some of the kernels that I grabbed were wet and this caused great joy because there are only a few things better than buttered down popcorn. Without hesitation and much anticipation, I loaded my mouth including those that were drenched with butter only to feel the sensation of a blazing fire which was followed with me choking and tears streaming down my face and then I said to myself like so many times before, “Only here in Mexico would they drench the popcorn in hot sauce…. Because here they put chili on everything….. ”

**** As you can see in the picture I am learning how to eat chili everyday with everything but I need to be in control of when and how much….. haha****

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario